Provide a comfortable home for purple martins to colonize!
This top-quality, easy to clean Martin house is constructed of rust-free aluminum to dissipate heat, and its crisp white and soothing green exterior complements any lawn or garden. Each of the twenty-four trapezoid-shaped apartments measures 9" wide at the front, 3" wide at the back, 6" deep, and 6" tall to give individual martin families plenty of room. All the porches of the four story house feature drainage holes in front of the 2.25" diameter entrances and sturdy plastic perch rails for maximum comfort. The cupola conceals the ventilation hole, which helps regulate interior temperature.
At the end of the season, once your martins migrate from the colony, use the included plastic door stops to seal the house and prevent aggressive squatter birds from taking over your colony. The house's levels are held in position with the set screw on the flange rather than being connected together, allowing you to easily clean out individual apartments on any level by snapping out the floor panels. Mount this house high atop the Heath Martin House Pole or add another level with the Aluminum 6-room Add-a-Unit to house an even larger colony. However you choose to display the Heath Aluminum 24-room Deluxe Martin House, the martins will love it and so will you.
Ships unassembled. Screwdriver and pliers required for assembly.
Opening: 2.25" dia.
Dimensions: 30"L x 26.5"W x 32"H
Apartment Size: 9"W at front, 3"W at back, 6"D, 6"H
Mounting: mounts on pole with 1.25" outer diameter, extending up through house, no mounting plate required
Heath Martin House 15' Telescoping Pole available at checkout
Made in the USA
- Tough and long lasting lightweight aluminum available in four sizes, 6,12,18 and 24 room house.
- Shipped KD
- Made of aluminum, a 24-room house only weighs 14 lbs.
- Houses are designed to be mounted on Heath MP-15 telescoping pole #HEATHMP15 (sold separately).
- The apartment floors snap-out for easy cleaning.
- The hexagonal design is both functional and artistically attractive.
- As the colony grows, so can the house; just add-a-unit.